Houston Paternity Lawyers

Experienced Paternity Lawyers in Houston

Unmarried parents of minor children are entitled to the same rights as married or divorcing parents with respect to the care and custody of their children. They can seek to obtain child custody in Texas, establish rights with respect to their children, collect child support in Texas, and establish visitation rights.

Houston paternity lawyer near me

Get Help from a Paternity Issues Lawyer in Houston at the Moffett Law Firm

Either parent may decide to pursue a parentage cause of action. Mothers will often file a paternity action to establish legal obligations for Texas child support. However, fathers may be incorrectly named as the child’s father. This could cause undue financial stress for a child that is not yours, and you may wish to file a paternity action proving that you are not the biological father of the child.

In other scenarios, unmarried fathers may choose to file a paternity action to be named as the child’s rightful biological father. For fathers who are paying child support in the State of Texas, you can file a suit to enforce visitation if you are currently not allowed to see your child.

Further, fathers can seek joint custody if it is in the best interest of their child to do so. However, legal guidance from experienced Houston paternity attorney’s is recommended to navigate these confusing and complex matters.

paternity attorneys Houston, Texas

The Moffett Law Firm assists fathers in establishing their legal rights to their children, including conservatorship rights and visitation rights. We also assist mothers in establishing paternity and securing support for their children.

Unmarried fathers must be legally recognized by Texas Courts as the child’s father before acquiring legal rights with regard to the child is possible. Proof of paternity is typically established by a paternity test in Houston, TX. Your paternity lawyer will help you understand paternity test legal rights, and walk you through how to get a paternity test in Texas.

Not Sure How to File a Paternity Suit in Texas? – Get Help From The Moffett Law Firm

Whether you need to establish paternity to secure the right to see your children, collect child support, or to resolve disputed custody claims, you can rely on Moffett Law Firm for quality legal assistance. If you are searching for a paternity lawyer in Houston, call 713-333-5800 or contact us online today to schedule an initial consultation.

If you are searching for a paternity lawyer in Houston, call 713-333-5800 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.