Moffett Law Firm Divorce Lawyers

Experienced Divorce Lawyers

Moffett Law Firm represents clients in both contested divorce and uncontested divorce proceedings. The earlier you consult with our experienced Houston divorce lawyers, the better prepared you will be to navigate this process. A knowledgeable attorney on your side can help you avoid common pitfalls, educate you about applicable laws and the Courts and guide you through the process.

Divorce Lawyers Serving Houston and Surrounding Areas

Contested Divorce

divorce attorney Houston couple arguing
Most divorce cases are contested and require significant work from divorce attorneys and clients to finalize.  Most contested divorces require the identification and valuation of community assets and liabilities; the division of those assets and liabilities; identification and litigation of parent-child issues including conservatorship, possession & access, and child support; tax issues; income issues; claims for spousal support; and much more.  Most contested divorce cases do resolve via settlement prior to final trial, however, how your case settles and the benefits you receive from such settlement depends largely on the work that you and your divorce lawyer do during the case.  We work diligently and aggressively to protect your interests, prosecute your claims, and position your case for the best result possible, whether at settlement or final trial. The best way to assure that you receive the best outcome possible is to prepare your case for final trial.  Final Trial may be before a judge or a jury and may involve some or all issues in your case.  In the event your case goes to Final Trial, we will aggressively and effectively pursue your interests.

Uncontested Divorce

If you and your spouse agree on all aspects of your divorce, including the division of assets, child custody and visitation, and child support, we will assist you in creating a  binding divorce agreement and Final Decree of Divorce.

Divorce With Custody

divorce lawyer houston mother playing with daughter
Each family is impacted differently when dealing with divorce proceedings.  The custody of children is determined by the courts “best interest” in relation to the possession, access and support of the child.  The relationship with your child is unique and we believe it deserves a custom solution specific to your needs.  Our child custody lawyers will strategize to get a favorable outcome for you and your child.

Divorce Child Support

best divorce lawyers in Houston mother playing with baby
Every child custody suit will deal with child support.  Texas has a formula that calculates child support based on the number of children in the suit, if the parent has other children to support and the available resources the parent has.  Our child support attorneys can help you establish, modify, enforce, increase or decrease child support.

Divorce With Spousal Support

Texas is not an alimony state.  However, Texas statutes do create a similar function referred to as Chapter 8 Maintenance, or Texas spousal support.  Eligibility requires the spouse seeking support to have insufficient income to provide for his or her own reasonable minimum needs.  In addition, there are several other conditions which must be met to qualify for spousal support.  Building a case with an attorney is vital to successfully being awarded spousal maintenance or defending a request for spousal maintenance.

If you or your spouse are requesting spousal maintenance or are unsure if you qualify for spousal maintenance, please call Moffett Law Firm at 713-333-5800 or contact us online to arrange for your confidential consultation with one of our experienced family law attorneys in Houston, who will protect your interests and advocate passionately on your behalf.

We serve clients throughout the Houston metropolitan area, from The Woodlands and Montgomery County to League City and Galveston County.

Houston Divorce Lawyers | Moffett Law Firm

To arrange a consultation with one of our experienced family lawyers, contact us at 713-333-5800 or by completing our contact form.