KINGWOOD CHILD CUSTODY LAWYER
Child custody is often a hotly debated issue among divorcing parents. The stakes for these high-conflict disputes are high, leaving many parents looking for a battle-hardened legal representative for the fight ahead. If you are facing a custody dispute in Kingwood, you deserve to have an aggressive attorney to work for your best interests.
At Moffett Law Firm, our attorneys dedicate themselves to fighting for your rights and interests as you handle this transition. We have more than three decades of combined experience helping our clients achieve favorable outcomes for their cases. Our Kingwood, TX child custody lawyers understand the ins and outs of Texas family law and are ready to apply their extensive knowledge and skills to help you through this difficult time. When we take your case, you can trust us to battle relentlessly for your future.
Factors Considered When Determining Child Custody Arrangements
Texas courts take child custody agreements very seriously and always aim to act in the child’s best interests. While Texas courts typically favor joint custody arrangements over sole conservatorship, a judge will consider several factors before making a decision. A few factors typically considered during child custody proceedings include the following:
- The child’s preferences if they are 12 years old or older
- The child’s physical and emotional needs
- Any factors that risk the child’s safety
- Each parent’s parental abilities
- The stability of each parent’s household
- Each parent’s relationship with the child
- Any history of domestic violence, substance abuse, or child abuse
While the court will consider the child’s wishes, their preference will not outweigh other factors used to measure their best interests. An experienced child custody attorney from Moffett Law Firm can assess the factors important to your case and advise you on the best path forward.
Can a Child Custody Agreement Be Modified in Texas?
Texas courts recognize circumstances change over time and allow child custody agreements to be modified under specific situations. You may request a modification if your original custody arrangement no longer fits your child’s needs. To file a child custody modification the party requesting the modification must show that you, your child, or the other parent experienced a material and substantial change in circumstances that warrants the filing of the modification and also show that the requested modification is in the child’s best interest. Some circumstances the court may consider include the following:
- The child experienced a change in their physical or emotional needs
- The child experienced a significant change in health insurance coverage
- The custodial parent lost their job
- The custodial parent now cares for one or more other children
- One parent is relocating
- The child is in physical or emotional danger
- The child is at least 12 years old and has expressed a custody preference which can be taken into consideration when making a final determination
- The custodial parent has relinquished care of the child to the other parent
This is not an exhaustive list, and there may be other substantial life changes the court may consider. An experienced Kingwood child custody lawyer from Moffett Law Firm will review every detail of your case and advise you on your legal options so you are armed for the battle ahead of you.
Benefits of Working With a Skilled Kingwood Child Custody Lawyer
Child custody disputes can be legally complex and bitterly contentious. When fighting for your future, there is too much at stake to leave your case to chance. An aggressive child custody attorney can help you achieve your goals while fighting for your rights and interests. A few ways the skilled Kingwood, TX child custody attorneys at Moffett Law Firm can help you include the following:
- Filing all paperwork correctly and on time
- Gathering evidence, character references, and preparing witnesses for court
- Developing a legal strategy
- Helping you prepare your personal testimony and for cross-examination by the opposing party
- Advocating for your rights and interests through every step of the legal process
- Answering your legal questions
- Estimating any child support payments
- Filing child custody modification requests
At Moffett Law Firm, we pride ourselves on taking a personalized approach to every case to ensure your unique concerns are addressed. We have the knowledge and experience necessary to fight tirelessly for your goals and interests.
Discuss Your Case With a Highly-Qualified Kingwood Child Custody Lawyer at Moffett Law Firm
Determining and arranging child custody agreements can be complicated, especially when both parents are locked in disagreement. Fortunately, you do not need to navigate this complex process alone. At Moffett Law Firm, our experienced attorneys have an established track record of helping their clients in Kingwood preserve their rights and financial futures.
We understand the unique challenges of facing a child custody dispute and will guide you through every step of the legal process. When you retain our services, we will leave no stone unturned as we analyze your options and advise you on the best course of action. To discuss your case with a trusted child custody attorney, call us at (713) 333-5800 or complete our contact form today.